I am so sick of people criticizing the McCain campaign for being negative and McCain supporters for being negative. There is a complete double standard going on. You know what. I agree with Sarah Palin, "it is not mean spirited or negative to bring up someone's voting record and associations, the American people deserve to know who they are voting for". I agree, we do. And if you have a lot of negative assocations in your past and you won't tell the truth about them, then it's going to sound negative when someone brings these things up. Does that mean they shouldn't be brought up? Absolutely not! We are electing a President. We are hiring a man to lead this country. We have every right to hear answers to these tough questions. And you know what else, I would bet that if the mainstream media was doing their job at giving us a full, clear and accurate pictures of ALL of the candidates, the McCain campaign would not have to have negative ads. But the reality is, they don't. And it is not "smear tactics" to bring up the truth about one's past. It does bother me that Obama had an ongoing relationship with an unrepentant terrorist ( as well as an anti American pastor for 20 years, a convicted slumlord felon as a friend and real estate "helper", etc.). But I have another point. Some people may say it doesn't matter that Obama had this relationship with Ayers. Well I do. But aside from that sometimes in life our decisions and judgements do have consequences. For example, my husband would not be able to pass the security tests needed to hold the job he holds today if he had a past relationship with William Ayers. It doesn't mean he couldn't get another job but he wouldn't be able to have the job he now holds. Why would the standards be any different for the President of the United States?! It truly baffles me.
But back to the negative press at McCain rallies. The one incidence of "kill him" being yelled out was determined by Secret Service to be unfounded. And I have been to 2 rallies and nothing like that was yelled. They were both very postitive experiences. You will always have some "wackos" that make their way into a crowd that large but it is not a "mob like" atmosphere at these rallies, as some mainstream media would like everyone to believe.
And since the mainstream media won't show you what's going on on the other side, I'll give you a few examples. Maybe these supporters for just listening when Obama said " go out and argue with your neighbors, get in their faces and tell them why they should vote for me".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeVBaM2lQsg
let's look to Obama's official website for some examples of good, clean politics:
http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/obama-supporters-wearing-sarah-palin-is-a-c-tee-shirts/
these shirts also showed up at an Obama rally. I didn't hear anything coming from Obama's mouth condeming these types of things.
But I did see John McCain setting some supporters straight...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Ijky95dc
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment