But anyway. The rally was really cool. We got a place right near the stage and there were people extending out of the stadium as far as the eye could see. After the rally Sarah Palin came around the ropeline signing autographs. I was right near the fence and I got a chance to talk to her for a few minutes. I gave her a teddy bear that I wanted her to give to her son Trig and I told her that I was praying for her. She looked at me and took my hand and thanked me. Then Josh handed Raegan over to me and soon as Sarah saw her she said "how cute!" and took her from me for a minute. She asked how old she was and she said "Todd, look how cute she is!". We got a couple of really great pictures of Raegan holding her. And then she clasped my hand and said "thanks again". She took at least 2 or 3 minutes to spend talking to me, which is a very long time in that sort of arena. I know I have heard people who have met her talk about how nice and sincere she is but now after meeting her I can defintely say the same. She is one of us. She is not an ivy league graduate. She didn't always aspire to be a poltiitan. She just likes to fight for what she believes is right. And when I met her I could tell that she is just one of us. She is very sincere, friendly and grateful. It was very nice meeting her. Here are some pictures from the rally.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sarah Live
Yesterday our little family had the opportunity to go see Sarah Palin at rally in Richmond. It was a long day of waiting in line and then waiting for the rally to start. But we had fun talking with people around us and meeting other McCain/Palin supporters. What really stood out to me was that everyone there just really seemed to have a love for this country and a desire to keep God in this country. I am not the only one that sees this election as being a threat to our rights, freedoms and country as it was founded.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know how much that must have meant to you guys! How cool!
Post a Comment