Thursday, September 25, 2008

Equality in the US?

I just watched a report from a financial expert explaining in a very fair way of how our country got into the financial mess we are in. I will try to find a clip of it but essentially what he said (in a much clearer, precise way) what i did in my "But the Economy" post. It started with Fannie and Freddie making bad loans, they got to big, and in 2003 and 2005 legislation was introduced by Republicans warning about this and saying it needed to be stopped. This legislation which experts all say could have stopped what is going on today was never passed because the democrats stopped it from passing. My question to Obama is " if you are such an expert at the economy and such a proponent of change, why didn't you step away from your party on this one and vote for this legislation?" What I wouldn't give to be able to ask him that question in front of the world.

There was a media expert on after this guy who talked about how mainstream media is not letting this story get out there. ABC has not even mentioned the names Fannie and Freddie one time during the reporting of this financial crisis!

It saddens me that in a country built on the principles of freedom and equality that you can't even get anything that resembles fair reporting unless you have cable tv. That is not how this country was founded. All I am asking is for the facts to be out on the table. Tell me the facts and let me decide. The problem I see is that many American's don't even know any better. They think they are getting fair information in order to make an informed vote. It looks like to me like our freedom and rights have already been taken away.

No comments: